Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tuesday, October 21st- Deja vu

Caroline studied the old man carefully. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but something about him reminded her of someone else. But who? She knows she has seen him before, but in what time or place?
The old man works at a flower shop she has always shopped there but never recognized him until now.
The coffee shop? At a store? In the past?
She can't figure it out, as she is staring off into space, looking at him...
The old man asks
"Anything I can do for you ma'am?"
As Caroline snaps out of her day dream.
"Huh? Oh no, sorry. I was just lost in my own world." Caroline says as she embarrassingly blushes.
"Okay, well have a good day ma'am!" The old man greets her goodbye.
"I swear... I have seen and talked to him before..." She thinks to herself.
"In a dream? With my parents?"
Caroline searches through many photographs, maybe 100's, scattered throughout the floor.
Pictures of her grandfathers, and their grandfathers. Hoping she sees that old man in one of those photographs.
Of course, the photographs are old, so they are in classic black and white.
She sits in the middle of the floor, brain dead. "Maybe I'm just overthinking this, maybe it will come to me over time. But I really need to find out who he is!" She thinks to herself.
She runs to only one person that may know, her mom.
"Hello mom? Do you know who that old man is that works at the flower shop on Merchants Road?"
"Who? Jerry? Of course I know him! He was always around when you were a little girl. He would bring you daises and cherries since they were your favorite flower and fruit. You always loved it when he came around."
"I knew that I knew him! I just could not put a finger on it. Thank you so much mom!"
"You're welcome dear, have a good day. I love you"
"I love you too"
She says as hanging up the phone.
"I knew that I knew him... Now I really know who he is!" As she thought to herself, she finds a photograph with her and Jerry, with her daises.

No comments:

Post a Comment